Saturday, September 09, 2006

So here I am...

...after so much fickle and holdup, a supporter of the Congress I Party.

It feels a bit odd, I have to say. I haven't done anything political since I left Delhi University about eight years ago, and were hardcore supporter of the NSUI then. But university is a funny place where you have no real responsibilities and no money, so it's very easy to have strong black and white opinions. The real world is different, either thing is more complicated than I'd previously thought, or my mind has become more sophisticated.

Well having spent many months reading other political blogs, offering them a few observations and being occasionally entertained I have decided to join blogggers world. With some 11 month to the elections for the states assembly perhaps we can promote a few thoughts, generate small bits of debate and in moments of creativity off load some thoughts about where our efforts are heading.

I'm interested in what its like to be within an organization like the Congress I Party, how easy or difficult it is to get involved, and how much power I would have as a grassroots member. I'm also interested in how I'm going to change politically and personally through the Congress I party. Hopefully this blog can record that.

No comments: